Levaquin is used to treat a variety of bacterial infections. This medication belongs to a class of drugs known as quinolone antibiotics. It works by stopping the growth of bacteria. This antibiotic treats only bacterial infections. It will not work for viral infections (such as common cold, flu). Using any antibiotic when it is not needed can cause it to not work for future infections.
Where and How to Buy Generic Levaquin Online?
Buying Generic Levaquin can be profitable and beneficial for you. When choosing, registering and receiving medicines, we looked at the details from the perspective of the buyer’s comfort. To facilitate the selection of the optimal medium, we offer free advice on everything you need.
Here you will find links to pharmacies that sell Generic Levaquin online with shipping to all countries in the world. The moment you click the button to buy Generic Levaquin, a new window opens with the pharmacy offering Generic Levaquin and you are leaving this page, the prices can be seen in your currency according to your country of origin. We offer generic medications online at the best price.
What is Levaquin
The so-called respiratory fluoroquinolones, which, on the one hand, retain the activity of early fluoroquinolones (for example, ciprofloxacin) against gram-negative organisms, and on the other are more active against pneumococci and atypical bacteria, are becoming increasingly common in clinical practice.
Levofloxacin, the active ingredient of Levaquin, is the most studied substance among respiratory fluoroquinolones. This has been prescribed to over 300 million patients worldwide. A number of clinical studies have confirmed the high efficacy and safety of Levakin as in traditional indications for this group of antibiotics, such as acute sinusitis, exacerbation of chronic bronchitis, community-acquired pneumonia, urinary tract infections and some other diseases: nosocomial pneumonia, chronic bacterial prostatitis. Currently, researchers continue to study the effectiveness of Levauin in pelvic infections, tuberculosis, as well as peptic ulcer disease (to eradicate Helicobacter pylori) and other diseases.
Generic name of Generic Levaquin is Levofloxacin.
- The usual dose is 250-750 mg given once daily for 3-14 days depending on the type of infection.
- Anthrax is treated with 500 mg daily for 60 days.
- It is important to take oral formulations at least 2 hours before or 2 hours after any antacid or mineral supplement containing iron, calcium, zinc, or magnesium since these bind Levaquin and prevent its absorption into the body.
Levaquin should be stored at normal room temperature and must be kept inside its original packaging. It should be protected from direct sunlight, heat and excessive moisture. It should be kept away from children and pets. All the unused and expired medicines must be safely disposed.
Overdose of the substance should be strictly avoided, and if someone has accidentally taken overdose of the drug, the victim must receive emergency medical attention. The overdose therapist can also consult their local toxin helpline. Some of the symptoms of overdose include loss of coordination, hanging eyelid, weakness, impaired activity, difficulty breathing, sweating, tremor or cramps.
Missing a dose
In case of a missed dose by a patient, the missing dose can be taken by remembering it. If the time of the next dose is reached, the patient should skip the missed dose and continue with the usual dosing regimen. Patients should never take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are Known Side Effects of Levaquin?
Common side effects may include: nausea, constipation, diarrhea, dizziness, headache.
Respiratory Tract Infections
- Acute sinusitis.
- Bacterial exacerbation of chronic bronchitis.
- Community-acquired pneumonia, including a short 5-day treatment course. Levaquin is the first fluoroquinolone which can be used short-term in this disease, which improves the compliance of patients, reduces the quantity of intaken medicine, and possibly reduces the risk of selection of antibiotic-resistant strains.
- Community-acquired pneumonia caused by multiresistant strains of Streptococcus pneumoniae. In a short-term administration of Levaquin in high doses (750 mg for 5 days), its clinical efficacy was 92,3-100%.
- Legionella pneumonia.
- Nosocomial pneumonia.
Urinary Tract Infections
- Uncomplicated (including acute pyelonephritis)
- Chronic prostatitis. Levaquin is the only fluoroquinolone, which can be used for chronic bacterial prostatitis once per day.
Hypersensitivity, epilepsy, tendon damage with previously treated quinolones, pregnancy, lactation, children and adolescence (up to 18 years). Elderly age (high probability of concomitant decrease in kidney function), deficiency of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase.
Levaquin Generic Names
- Levaquin (Canada)
- Oftaquix, Tavanic (UK)
- Iquix, Levaquin, Quixin (USA)
When was Levaquin approved by the FDA?
Levaquin was approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) on December 20, 1996.
What is Levaquin’s mechanism of action (MOA)?
Bacteria are classified as either gram-positive or gram-negative bacteria. Gram-positive bacteria lack an outer membrane and are more susceptible to antibiotics. Levaquins’s mechanism of action (MOA) is such that it is active against both gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria. This means Levaquin is effective in treating many different types of infections.
How does Levaquin work?
Levofloxacin,the main ingredient of Levaquin, works by targeting certain enzymes within bacteria cells necessary in the DNA replication process.Interfering with these enzymes interferes with the bacteria’s ability to survive.
Is Levaquin safe to take if I am pregnant or breastfeeding?
- Levaquin is not recommended for use in pregnant women since Levaquin causes joint and bone deformities in juvenile animals of several species.
- Levaquin is excreted in breast milk. Mothers should decide whether to stop breastfeeding or discontinue Levaquin.
Amoxicillin vs Levaquin
- Amoxicillin and Levaquin (levofloxacin) are both antibiotics used to treat a variety bacterial infections.
- Levaquin belongs to the fluoroquinolone class of antibiotics, while amoxicillin is a penicillin type of antibiotic.
- Both Levaquin and amoxicillin are used to treat infections of the lungs, airways, skin, urinary tract, and ears.
- Differences between the two drugs include the conditions the drugs are used to treat.
- Amoxicillin also is used to treat infections of tonsillitis, throat, and larynx (laryngitis).