Generic Flagyl is used to treat bacterial infections in different areas of the body. The extended-release tablets are used to treat women with vaginal infections (bacterial vaginosis). It belongs to the class of medicines known as antibiotics. It works by killing bacteria or preventing their growth. However, this medicine will not work for colds, flu, or other virus infections. This medication is sometimes prescribed for other uses; ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Where and How to Buy Generic Flagyl Online?
Buy Generic Flagyl can in profitable and convenient conditions for you. The process of choosing, inscribing and receiving the drugs we have thought about to the details from the point of view of the comfort of the buyer. To facilitate the selection of the optimal medium, we offer you free consultations for everything you need.
Here you can find links to pharmacies that sell Metronidazole online with shipping to all countries around the world. The moment you click on the button to buy Metronidazole, a new window will open with the pharmacy page that offers Metronidazole and you will leave this site, the prices can be seen in your currency depending on your country of origin. We offer generic medications online at the best price.
What is Generic Flagyl (Metronidazole)?
Generic Flagyl is created by pharmacy specialists to struggle with dangerous infections spread by bacteria (it can be protozoa or susceptible anaerobic bacteria). Target of Generic Flagyl is to control, ward off and terminate bacteria. Flagyl is used to treat infections in the following conditions:
- amebiasis, symptomatic and asymptomatic trichomoniasis;
- skin and skin structure infections;
- CNS infections;
- intra-abdominal infections (as part of combination regimen);
- systemic anaerobic infections;
- treatment of antibiotic-associated pseudomembranous colitis (AAPC);
- bacterial vaginosis;
- as part of a multidrug regimen for H. pylori eradication to reduce the risk of duodenal ulcer recurrence.
Generic Flagyl acts as an anti-infection remedy. Generic Flagyl operates by killing bacteria which spreads by infection.
Generic name of Generic Flagyl is Metronidazole.
The usual adult oral dosage is 7.5 mg/kg every six hours (approx. 500 mg for a 70-kg adult). A maximum of 4 g should not be exceeded during a 24-hour period.
The usual duration of therapy is 7 to 10 days; however, infections of the bone and joint, lower respiratory tract, and endocardium may require longer treatment.
Patients with severe hepatic disease metabolize metronidazole slowly, with resultant accumulation.
Pregnant patients should not be treated during the first trimester In pregnant patients for whom alternative treatment has been inadequate, the one-day course of therapy should not be used, as it results in higher serum levels which can reach the fetal circulation.
The drug is stored in a dry, protected from light, out of reach of children, at a temperature of no higher than 25°C. Shelf life – 2 years. It is recommended to use before the time specified on the package.
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember it. However, if it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for a missed one.
Single oral doses of Flagyl, up to 15 g, have been reported in suicide attempts and accidental overdoses.
In cases of overdose in adults, the clinical symptoms are usually limited to nausea, vomiting, ataxia and slight disorientation. In a preterm newborn, no clinical or biological sign of toxicity developed.
Oral Flagyl has been studied as a radiation sensitizer in the treatment of malignant tumors. Neurotoxic effects, including seizures and peripheral neuropathy, have been reported after 5 to 7 days of doses of 6 to 10.4 g every other day.
There is no specific antidote for Flagyl overdose; therefore, management of the patient should consist of symptomatic and supportive therapy.
- On the part of the digestive system: diarrhea, anorexia, nausea, vomiting, intestinal colic, constipation, metallic taste in the mouth, dry mouth, glossitis, stomatitis, pancreatitis.
- On the part of the nervous system: dizziness, impaired coordination of movements, ataxia, confusion, irritability, depression, increased excitability, weakness, insomnia, headache, convulsions, hallucinations, peripheral neuropathy.
- Allergic reactions: urticaria, skin rash, skin hyperemia, nasal congestion, fever, arthralgia.
- On the part of the genitourinary system: dysuria, cystitis, polyuria, urinary incontinence, candidiasis, staining the urine in a reddish-brown color.
- Other: neutropenia, leukopenia, flattening of the T wave on the ECG.
- Prior history of hypersensitivity to Metronidazole or other nitroimidazole derivatives.
- Neurological disease, blood dyscrasias.
- First trimester of pregnancy.
- Chronic alcoholism.
Metronidazole is distributed into breast milk giving it a bitter taste which may impair feeding. The American Academy of Pediatrics considers that although the effects of met- ronidazole on breast-fed infants are unknown they may be of concern. It recommends that breast feeding should be stopped for 12 to 24 hours when single-dose therapy is used; no specific recommendations are given for long-term treatment.
Flagyl and Alcohol
Metronidazole may provoke a disulfiram-like reaction in some individuals when given with alcohol. Reactions have occurred after the use of preparations formulated with alcohol, including injections, as well as after drinking alcohol.
However, an analysis found that there was no convincing evidence of a disulfiram-like reaction between metronidazole and alcohol although caution was still advised.
In the USA licensed product information considers metronidazole to be contraindicated during the first trimester in patients with trichomoniasis; use for trichomoniasis during the second and third trimesters may be acceptable. For other indications the risks and benefits of treatment with metronidazole should be weighed carefully, especially in the first trimester.
During the period of treatment, ethanol intake is contraindicated (a disulfiram-like reaction may develop: spastic abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, headache, sudden rush of blood to the face).
In combination with amoxicillin it is not recommended to use in patients younger than 18 years.
Stains urine in a dark color.
Other Names of Generic Flagyl
- Flagyl, Metrogyl, Metronide, Rozex (Australia)
- Flagyl, Florazole, Metrocream, Metrogel, Metrolotion, NidaGel, Noritate, Novo-Nidazol, Trikacide (Canada)
- Acea, Anabact, Elyzol, Flagyl, Metrogel, Metrolyl, Metrosa, Metrotop, Metrozol, Noritate, Norzol, Rozex, Vaginyl, Zidoval, Zyomet (UK)
- Flagyl, Metrocream, Metrogel, Metrogel Vaginal, Noritate, Protostat, Vandazole (USA)
I would like to know how much the drug flagyl usually costs?
Generic Flagyl costs about less then $1 per pill in online pharmacies with worldwide delivery, brand name about $4-12 per pill depending on where you live.
How to take metronidazole?
Take 2-3 times a day after meals. With trichomoniasis in women (urethritis and vaginitis) Metronidazole is administered once in a dose of 2 g or as a course of treatment for 10 days: 1 tablet (250 mg) 2 times a day.