Augmentin is a penicillin antibiotic with a notably broad spectrum of activity. The bi-layer tablets provide an immediate release of amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium and an extended release of amoxicillin. This enhanced formulation prolongs the time that bacteria are exposed to the antibiotic and promotes coverage of tough-to-treat S. pneumoniae.
Where and How to Buy Augmentin Online?
Buying Augmentin may be in profitable and convenient conditions for you. The process of choosing, registering and receiving medications we thought about the details from the point of view of the comfort of the buyer. To facilitate the selection of the optimal medium, we offer free consultations for everything you need.
Here you can find links to pharmacies that sell Generic Augmentin online with shipping to all countries of the world. The moment you click on the button to buy Augmentin, a new window will open with the page of the pharmacy that offers Augmentin and you will leave this site, the prices can be seen in your currency according to your country of origin. We offer generic drugs online at the best price.
What is Augmentin?
Amoxicillin and clavulanate combination is used to treat bacterial infections in various parts of the body.
The combination of amoxicillin and clavulanate is an antibiotic that belongs to the group of drugs known as penicillin and beta-lactase inhibitors. It works by killing the bacteria and preventing their growth. However, this drug will not work colds, flu, or other virus infections.
This medicine is only available with a prescription.
Augmentin should be taken on a full stomach to reduce stomach upset. No more than one tablet should be taken at a time since the extra clavulanic acid can cause stomach upset.
- Recommended adult doses are 500 mg every 8-12 hours, 250 mg every 8 hours, 875 mg every 12 hours, or 2000 mg every 12 hours.
- Dosing is based on the amoxicillin component.
- Pediatric patients weighing more than 40 kg should receive adult doses.
- Pediatric patients weighing less than 40 kg should receive 20 to 45 mg/kg every 8 or 12 hours.
Store Augmentin at or below 77°F (25°C). Protect from heat, moisture and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Augmentin out of the reach of children and pets.
If you take too much of this medicine, contact your doctor or local poison control center or seek medical attention immediately. If this drug is given by a doctor in a medical setting, it is unlikely that overdose will occur. However, if overdose is suspected, see a doctor.
Missing a Dose
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. Skip the missed dose when it is almost time for your next scheduled dose. Do not take any extra medicine to make up for the missed dose.
What are the Side Effects of Augmentin?
Common side effects of Augmentin include:
- stomach pain;
- skin rash or itching;
- white patches in your mouth or throat;
- vaginal yeast infection (itching or discharge).
Rare and severe side effects of Augmentin can include:
- watery or bloody diarrhea;
- pale or yellowed skin, dark colored urine, fever, confusion or weakness;
- easy bruising or bleeding;
- skin rash, bruising, severe tingling, numbness, pain, muscle weakness;
- agitation, confusion, unusual thoughts or behavior, seizures (convulsions);
- nausea, upper stomach pain, itching, loss of appetite, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes); or
- severe skin reaction – fever, sore throat, swelling in your face or tongue, burning in your eyes, skin pain, followed by a red or purple skin rash that spreads (especially in the face or upper body) and causes blistering and peeling.
What does Augmentin Treat?
Augmentin for UTI
Augmentin (amoxycillin and clavulanic acid) is a new oral antibiotic combination which is particularly indicated in the treatment of urinary tract infections. Potentiation of amoxycillin by the clavulanic acid reduces the level of resistance in most Gram-negative urinary pathogens and these organisms are then sensitive to urinary levels of amoxycillin achieved on standard dosage. Clinical trials in urinary tract infections have shown a success rate of about 70 per cent for amoxycillin-resistant organisms.
Augmentin for Sinus Infection
Amoxicillin is an acceptable first antibiotic for uncomplicated acute sinus infection, many doctors choose amoxicillin-clavulanate (Augmentin) as a first-line drug for the treatment of a suspected bacterial sinus infection, as it is usually effective against most species and strains of bacteria that cause the disease.
Augmentin for Strep
Augmentin is an antibiotic drug that contains the main component of amoxicillin, which combines with clavulenic acid or clavunate to increase efficacy. The main component of Amoxicillin is a type of penicillin, and we are most useful for the destruction of Strep bacteria. Hence, this medicine is for any throat infection. There are various projects for different infections for other other bacteria that it kills. Together, the combination of Clavunate and Amoxicillin is called Co-amoxiclav, which is the composition of this medication.
Augmentin for Pneumonia
Amoxicillin/clavulanate is included in guidelines and recommendations for the treatment of community-acquired pneumonia. Amoxicillin/clavulanate continues to be an important agent in the treatment of community-acquired respiratory tract infections, both now and in the future.
Augmentin for Dogs
Amoxicillin + clavulanate is commonly used in dogs and cats to treat a variety of infections and its most common brand name is Clavamox and Augmentin. Amoxicillin + clavulanate is a combination of two drugs that act together (synergistically) to treat or prevent bactercatial infections in animals.
Do not take Augmentin tablets if:
- you have had an allergic reaction to penicillin or similar types of antibiotics or any of the ingredients contained in Augmentin tablets. Some of the symptoms of an allergic reaction may include skin rash, itching, difficulty in breathing and swelling of the face or tongue.
- you have previously experienced liver problems after taking Augmentin tablets or any other medicines.
- the expiry date (EXP) printed on the pack has passed.
- the packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering.
Augmentin and Alcohol
Alcohol should be avoided during and for several days after treatment with Augmentin tablets. Some people who drink alcohol while taking antibiotics similar to Augmentin tablets have experienced adverse effects.
Augmentin and Breastfeeding
Augmentin may be passed to a breastfeeding infant through breast milk, though it’s generally considered safe.
Nonetheless, talk to your doctors about the risks of taking Augmentin before breastfeeding.
Augmentin During Pregnancy
Most doctors consider Augmentin generally safe to take while pregnant. Nonetheless, talk to your doctor if you’re pregnant or plan to become pregnant or are breastfeeding before taking this medication. Taking Augmentin during pregnancy may lower your estrogen level.
Medicines can interact with certain foods. In some cases, this may be harmful and your doctor may advise you to avoid certain foods. In the case of Augmentin, there are no specific foods that you must exclude from your diet.
What is Coamoxiclav?
Augmentin, also known as Coamoxiclav, contains two active substances: amoxicillin, which is an antibiotic belonging to the beta-lactam family (the same family as penicillins), and clavulanic acid, which is a beta-lactamase inhibitor. When Augmentin is absorbed in the body, the amoxicillin component kills the bacteria that are causing the infection, while the clavulanic acid component blocks an enzyme, betalactamase that enable the bacteria to destroy amoxicillin. As a result, the antibiotic can work for longer, and is more effective in killing bacteria. The ratio of amoxicillin to clavulanic acid can vary from 16:1 (one gram of amoxicillin to 62.5 mg clavulanic acid) to 2:1 (250 mg of amoxicillin to 125mg of clavulanic acid).
May I consume alcohol while taking Augmentin?
Yes, but limit it.
Other Brand and Generic Names for Augmentin
- Augmentin, Ausclav, Clamohexal, Clamoxyl, Clavulin, Curam, Timentin (Australia)
- Apo-Amoxi Clav, Clavulin, Novo-Clavamoxin, ratio-Aclavulanate, Timentin (Canada)
- Amiclav, Augmentin, Augmentin-Duo, Timentin (UK)
- Amoclan, Augmentin, Timentin (USA)